This question is best answered with another question- Is your time worth anything to you? If, like most people, the answer is yes – the the reasons for hiring a professional are simple:
- Value – The efficiency of a repair by a professional even though it may seem costly, is usually your best value when you consider the value of your time and involvement in attempting to repair it yourself. Most individuals find that it is best to use the money gained in their own professional careers to hire like minded individuals for their own repairs.
- Peace of Mind – Along with confidence and trust are intangibles that are worth something. Hiring a professional to solve a problem allows the homeowner peace of mind and puts the responsibility and worry in the right place.
- What if ____?? – Hiring a professional takes care of “what if?”. What if something goes wrong? Or the project is more involved than anticipated or not as diagnosed originally? If then, – a professional plumber will be prepared to handle all of the what-ifs and unanticipated surprises.
- Knowledge and Experience – A professional should know what they are doing – and what IS and IS NOT in their skill set. An experienced professional brings confidence and quality gained from other similar experiences to insure the best repair.
- Trust – A small, simple word – with enormous implications. For most, a home is the largest investment that they will ever make. Trusting a professional with the care and maintenance of this investment should not be taken lightly. Find a professional plumber with references and experience. Choose quality, integrity and professionalism over price. The cheapest is rarely the best but also be aware that some who charge a lot may be hiding their inexperience. Seek out a professional who can communicate and is concerned about your problem and how you feel afterwards.